Solo Ski Day

When all your kids are out of the house for a day, I just can't not take advantage of a day of skiing.  For a week it's been snowing in the mountains and Saturday there was over 18 inches of snow in a day.  They closed early due to high winds so when I woke up on Sunday at 5:30am and checked the snow report, the first thing I noticed was 45 mph winds at the top.  As I put my phone down and turned around to go back to sleep I realized it also said 28 inches of snow.  And they said to bring a shovel to dig the car out at the end of the day.  With that much snow, I threw caution to the wind, got dressed and headed out.  It continues to amaze me how well the van does in the snow and I drove by all those cars putting on chains. 
Getting there early, I slowly got my gear on while I listened to the Avalanche explosives.  I’m. Not sure why that gives me such peace. Early morning. Ski day have just always been my thing.
The snow was amazing and working through 15 inches of fresh powder made me feel excited and alive.  Since I didn't have the kids I could run all the black diamonds I wanted guilt free.  I've become the biggest fan of storm skiing!

Hooray for winter finally coming in the mountains!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing local adventures

Great weekends have to end

Easter Scavenger Hunt