First Chair of the Decade!
Alex and I decided that 2020 should start with us having the first chair on the ski lift, so first chair of the decade. It was exciting to see her excitement about it as well and when it was time to get up and out of bed at 6am she didn't complain at all. Got herself ready and into the car by 6:30 so we could head up. The conditions were crazy bad. Even the conditions report at 6am said "standing water in places". It was a rain / snow mix, low 30's and very windy. Since I have a seasons pass the cost was irrelevant but now that Alex was coming too I realized I was likely spending money on a day ticket to do one run in the rain and head home.
Well, standing water was indeed true so now I can say I've skied through multiple puddles. The conditions had turned to hard specks of snow and wind and we hung in there until lunch time before the pain on my face was too much. BUT, we got first chair. Waited in line for 30 minutes for the lifts to open. Amazingly no one else has this same dream so 25 of those minutes was really just us standing there being entertained by the ski personnel. But here it is, Alex and I on the first chair of the decade on the oldest lift at Meadows. It was the oldest because none of the new lifts started up!
Well, standing water was indeed true so now I can say I've skied through multiple puddles. The conditions had turned to hard specks of snow and wind and we hung in there until lunch time before the pain on my face was too much. BUT, we got first chair. Waited in line for 30 minutes for the lifts to open. Amazingly no one else has this same dream so 25 of those minutes was really just us standing there being entertained by the ski personnel. But here it is, Alex and I on the first chair of the decade on the oldest lift at Meadows. It was the oldest because none of the new lifts started up!

Comments
Post a Comment