Blue Bird Day
We had a surprising blue bird day on the mountain this
Sunday. The kids were excited to ski
again and dawn patrol is just part of their life. The early departure is a bit more of a pain
for me as I have to get up early to walk the dogs, make lunches and breakfast
before waking up kids and heading out.
Thankfully the car was packed the night before. With a holiday weekend I knew it would be busy
so we were out the door by 6:15 and parked by 7:45. We ended up parking next to a car we parked
next to before and became friends. The
last time one of them had jokingly asked if I would help him get his boots off
too after watching my routine of getting kids out of gear at the end of the
day. We talked for about half an hour
about taking kids out adventuring. They
nicknamed me Adventure Mama!
Alex did her first black diamond run and the boys and I got
to watch her from another run that overlooked it. KK got himself stuck in so much heavy powder
we had a heck of a time getting him back on the trails. My one lesson learned is that I need to pack
snacks for myself. As always the kids
had teriyaki sticks and their full size Snickers bar. KK waited about 30 minutes too long to have
his and when we were trying to get him out of the powder we were both at the
end of our patience. Amazing how lunch
made the world fine again. Our parking
lot friends were there too and the boys loved that some of them decided to
engage them in a snowball fight. We
skied from first lift to close to final lift.
Some impressive resilience in those kids!
Driving home the kids were tired and quiet. Another great adventure day in the books!



Comments
Post a Comment