Worst Blow Out E-V-E-R
The kids and I headed out on a little excursion today. First to one of my favorite coffee shops where they enjoyed a steamer and I got a nice latte. The kids have clearly honed in on the fact that rough nights equal a trip to the coffeeshop and they'll get their steamer. I used to be tricky enough to ask for one pump steamers but others have been kinder in the addition of sugar so they usually catch my methods. Anyway, I digress.
The next stop was a charity book store which focuses on getting books out to all kids in the community. It's donation based so you offer what you want. I see this as a very expensive library method as I tend to return the books after a while. I could just as easily donate the money but the picking out of the books is what makes it so great. As we're going through our standard prioritzation exercise to get down to the three books I was allowing I notice Kellan pooping. Since he tends to go all out I figured we would wrap up the bookstore activity and get him changed in the car. Ten minutes later we get to the car discussing our plans for lunch and I start to change Kellan. Then I realize it's not just up his back but all the way down both legs and on his feet. Twenty wipes later I still don't have him clean but the changing pad, my hooter hider, his clothes, EVERYTHING is covered in mustard yellow poop. The kids, who were still negotiation lunch plans with each other, had finally settled on a spot when I announced it would have to be home or a drive-thru since the mess was so bad even I wouldn't take this kid out in public.
Amazing enough to share this with the online world.
The next stop was a charity book store which focuses on getting books out to all kids in the community. It's donation based so you offer what you want. I see this as a very expensive library method as I tend to return the books after a while. I could just as easily donate the money but the picking out of the books is what makes it so great. As we're going through our standard prioritzation exercise to get down to the three books I was allowing I notice Kellan pooping. Since he tends to go all out I figured we would wrap up the bookstore activity and get him changed in the car. Ten minutes later we get to the car discussing our plans for lunch and I start to change Kellan. Then I realize it's not just up his back but all the way down both legs and on his feet. Twenty wipes later I still don't have him clean but the changing pad, my hooter hider, his clothes, EVERYTHING is covered in mustard yellow poop. The kids, who were still negotiation lunch plans with each other, had finally settled on a spot when I announced it would have to be home or a drive-thru since the mess was so bad even I wouldn't take this kid out in public.
Amazing enough to share this with the online world.
Comments
Post a Comment