Camping

Although we had an indoor camping trip last year, this year we had our first outdoor camping trip.  We found an excellent campground right on the Lake.  It came complete with canoe and on-site babyholders.  Ok, it was Opa and Oma's new house but can you blame us for wanting to camp at a nice peaceful lake?

The kids made it through the night in the tent and I feel about 10 years older than I am after sleeping the majority of the night off of the airmattress as Boo and Ham had taken over my space.  After realizing what had happened I moved Boo back to his super nice mattress and slid onto my pretty puny mattress.  Hind sight I should have just leap frogged Boo and slept in comfort. 
The nice thing was that when Ham was up at 6am, there was a coffee maker and hot coffee. 

I've decided camping is one of those activities that I'm not really excited about since right now we tend to lean towards camping at campgrounds where there are a lot of people, yet I want my kids to have camping skills so that we can take camping vacations to places that are far out.  That's what it's all about right?  So I'll consider this trip a success as we all slept out, we used our camping tools to cut wood, bbq'd on the camping bbq and swam in the lake. 


Comments

  1. Awesome! I'm jumping at the bit to take Hen on a backpacking overnighter but figure we're still a year away from that. For this summer, we'll stick to car camping and call it good. If you need more people to camp with, give me a call.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing local adventures

Great weekends have to end

Easter Scavenger Hunt