The Garden and veggies galore
For the third year we've decided to get a community garden spot. Every year I've very much enjoyed puttering out in the garden while the kids help me weed and plant stuff, then head out on adventures in the surrounding dirt piles.
This year my plan was to get up super early, since last year we almost lost out even though I got there 15 minutes before they opened, but of course it was a snow day meaning Noodle didn't have school and the prospect of dressing three kids to stand outside and wait for the community center to open was a bit much. Lucky for us J was still able to get a spot later in the day.
Of course getting out to the garden with three kids and a job is a little harder so our garden feels a little neglected at times. We do now have a few tomato plants, corn and carrots planted. The zucchini amazingly didn't make it. I say amazing because I feel that's the veggie that anyone can keep alive...
This year my plan was to get up super early, since last year we almost lost out even though I got there 15 minutes before they opened, but of course it was a snow day meaning Noodle didn't have school and the prospect of dressing three kids to stand outside and wait for the community center to open was a bit much. Lucky for us J was still able to get a spot later in the day.
Of course getting out to the garden with three kids and a job is a little harder so our garden feels a little neglected at times. We do now have a few tomato plants, corn and carrots planted. The zucchini amazingly didn't make it. I say amazing because I feel that's the veggie that anyone can keep alive...
Comments
Post a Comment