Tea Party

 
Sometimes the most days that are completely unplanned are some of the better days.  I've noticed unplanned days are great when I don't have a lot that I feel I need to accomplish (cleaning, work, etc...) because then I feel the urge to get my checklist completed.

This was one of those Saturday's where I was able to let the kids set the pace of the day and before you knew it, we were planning a massive tea party.  I say massive because it required Alexandra to write an invite to every doll friend, Emmett to bake cookies, all of us to set up the arrangements and after about an huor and a half of prep we had a 10 minute tea party. 

 Of course throughout an activity like this we learn.  We worked on writing, math while measuring out baking supplies and manners.  Not too shabby for an impromptu little gathering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing local adventures

Great weekends have to end

Easter Scavenger Hunt