Covid Confessions

Chasing the Super Moon
For someone who thrives by being away from home as much as possible to adventure, I'm surprised to say that I'm thriving in this new Covid world.  Please understand I don't like anything about small businesses struggling or people getting sick of some people having to pull 250% of the weight of helping the world.  But in the small world of my family I love it.  I love not having to commute twice a day for almost an hour.  I love being able to knock out some work and leisurely get breakfast for the kids done without the stress of getting to the school bus.  I love that each kid can pick their pace for learning.  I love all our evenings together without crazy schedules taking us across town and back several times (well, mostly me because I would be transporting a different kid each time).  I love that we have time to go to the park and watch the moon at night.  I love our evening dog walks as a family.  I love the cooking I've been able to do and all of us sitting at the table together.  I love the simple nature of life right now. 
I do miss the trails and I'm yearning to get out there for a long walk but I know it'll come again.  I know I'm doing what I need to do by staying home. I'm secretly excited that this will go for a few more months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing local adventures

Great weekends have to end

Easter Scavenger Hunt