Santa was good to us again this year!

Christmas Eve was celebrated at Opa and Oma's house this year with a wonderful feast of food, wine and of course gifts for all.  With my sister and her family in town I thought it would be great to get the kids out in the morning to get their minds off of the pending gift opening.  Nothing is more stressful for a kid than having to wait for presents that are right there!  We all headed out for the trampoline place and a great time was had by all, including the parents. 

Unfortunately things got a little rough on the Dodgeball court and I ended up with a sprained ankle (a week after the incident I'm hoping it's indeed just a sprain!).  The fun must continue though so afterwards we headed out for a simple lunch and nap (for KK) before heading back to Opa and  Oma's.
Emmett tracked Santa from my phone the whole day so we generally knew where the jolly old man was. 

Present opening ensued and dinner was consumed.  It was a great night with lots of laughter and inappropriate humor.  In preparation of Santa's arrival we headed home to get the kids in bed.  As always Santa did not disappoint.  Nana and Auntie Heather joined us in the morning when the kids first got to see the tree with all the gifts.

Of course Alexandra was so excited to see them I never got her reaction on camera of the tree.  Then I forgot to tell Emmett that they were coming and the poor kid doesn't do too well with unexpected things so the initial 'tree reaction' wasn't quite there this year.  Luckily this didn't impact gifts.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Tree Hunting

A boy and his dog

Continuing local adventures