The house that everyone migrates to

As the weather has been turning nicer we have become that house that all the kids migrate to.  A long time ago J made a comment that it's always good to be the "cool" house that everyone wants to go to because then you have a better idea of what your kids are up to.  Although I am still a believer in this, I've noticed lately we have a lot of kids migrating to our house.  I'm not implying that we are in fact the cool house, but we are basically in the middle of all the homes with kids.  I end up coming home to 8 kids in the driveway playing.  It's quite the transition usually especially given that dinner needs to be made too.

One major benefit of this is that I'm often a little happier when the rain comes knowing that the chances of all the kids congregating is a little less!  I do enjoy all the kids though so I'm sure when fall comes and things slow down I'll be sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing local adventures

Great weekends have to end

Easter Scavenger Hunt