This year we are once again doing a family theme for Halloween. Josh's pick so Star Wars is the theme. We found this yoda costume for Ham. I'll post better pictures when I actually have some time to capture them...
Every year I make the kids an adventure book, basically a photo album of trips. Every year it has big titles like Glacier NP, Bend, cool places far from home. This year it'll feature pages with "Boeckman Creek", "Fern Creek", all places within a few miles from home. And all places that are relatively unexplored. Yesterday our focus was on learning to use the GPS and setting way points. We headed down the street about a mile and cut into the green space of the creek. We traveled it all the way back to the house. Somehow we found another bone, a cow bone this time. And we did stumble on one other person. Alex was being funny and said "another human? Now I want a baseball bat". Not even 3 minutes later she found a baseball bat. I told her that wish could have been so much better. Amazingly after waking up this morning I'm actually a little sore. I think that the mileage wasn't great but the constant up and do...
This weekend we continued our excursions close to home navigating our way around town through the green spaces. We found Oregon State Park land that I didn’t even know the town had. On Saturday we spent 3 hours going from the middle school to the high school and Sunday we picked up where we left off and got down to the river, then went back country back to the high school. At dinner, which we had by the Firepit, I asked Kellan what adventuring he preferred and he said “I kind of like the covid times”. I’m with ya kid! So much great family time, sitting in fields watching sunsets, exploring the world close by and living life at a different pace. It’ll be really hard to go back for me.
This Easter was no different than other years where we headed out on a scavenger hunt. Since filling time is different these days, we fill time with simple things way more easily, I decided this year should just be long and exhausting. At the end of it we biked 11 miles and the baskets at the end were at our nanny's house. A nice treat to see her again too since it's been too long! The day before when we explored Boeckman creek I taught Emmett about reading the GPS coordinates, which came in handy for the first clues. From there it was a lot of picture recognition and getting them to figure out how to get there. Navigate really. The kids went to bed tired so I'll call that a win!
That has got to be one of the cutest costumes ever for a kid that age. Adorable!
ReplyDelete