Apple Picking
For weeks the kids had been asking to go apple picking and the weather finally cooperated so we headed out on Sunday afternoon. Daddy wasn't able to join us so I was a little weary thinking about three kids, apples and a hike through the orchard but set off 'powered by optimism'. It paid off because the kids did great. All three walked up to the picking trees by themselves (each with a bucket in hand) and as we started picking I pulled out the camera to capture these great moments only to realize I didn't have a memory card. Figures.
After picking three buckets full we headed back down. This time I carried two overflowing buckets and Alexandra carried one about 3/4 full. The kids were eager for more picking so we headed back with two buckets and right as we got back to the orchards I remembered the other camera (with memory) in my car. If only I had remembered when we were exchanging buckets! At the end we got a few quick snapshots. Phew.
We picked 55 lbs of apples and almost every day the kids ask me when we're going out again. I guess we like apples!
After picking three buckets full we headed back down. This time I carried two overflowing buckets and Alexandra carried one about 3/4 full. The kids were eager for more picking so we headed back with two buckets and right as we got back to the orchards I remembered the other camera (with memory) in my car. If only I had remembered when we were exchanging buckets! At the end we got a few quick snapshots. Phew.
We picked 55 lbs of apples and almost every day the kids ask me when we're going out again. I guess we like apples!
Comments
Post a Comment